2021 Emerging Leaders Conference Las Vegas
Leadership, Management, Achievement, Finding Your Path, and the Impact You Can Have In and Out of the Office are just a few of the topics that will be covered in this highly effective and inspiring conference. Gain personalized tools and skills that you can implement in your career immediately.
Morning Sessions by David Osburn, MBA, CCRA
- Leadership vs. Managership: The session will highlight the importance of sound leadership within the business organization with strong emphasis on the difference between a leader and a manager. Various “leadership techniques” will be displayed including how to deal with diversity in the workforce created by gender, generations, and ethnicity.
- Time Management: We will emphasize three time factors- “time wasters” or stealers, “time savers,” and “time management techniques.” These concepts will highlight the relationship of “time management” and “behavioral science” versus traditional time management tools or “gimmicks.” Explore the need for managing oneself in order to improve the management of time.
- Communication Skills: This session will emphasize the “communication” process and explore techniques to improve “oral” communications, including telephone techniques, and “written” communications. The session will also cover the importance of the “human” side of communications including “empathy,” “ego,” and “needs.” Additionally, communications and personality types will be explored.
Afternoon Sessions by Jessica Sayles, CPA
- Moving from Tactical Skills to Strategic Vision: Find and develop ways to build marketing into to your relationships through various activities such as creating a vision of your ideal client, identifying your top three contacts within current clients, prospective clients and a referral source and creating a tracking chart to monitor your touchpoints.
- How to Build Consulting into Your Relationships: Learn to identify consulting actions versus technical deliverables. Perform group case studies on identifying consulting opportunities. Develop and apply a list of consulting actions to your recently identified top three contacts. Setting Your Vision and Legacy Identify the roles you play in your personal and professional life. Define what success looks like in each role. Identify key people within each of those roles – what would you want them to say about you? Do they include the people and skills identified in earlier session? Begin working on a personal mission statement to align your intentions with your actions.
Applicable if you are a NVCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a NVCPA member.