NVCPA Mission and Purpose
NVCPA Mission Statement:
Our Mission is to elevate and enhance the profession of Certified Public Accountancy in Nevada through member service, support and advocacy.
Included within this mission is:
1. Services to Members
- Continuing professional education.
- Collection and dissemination of information on the profession .
2. Services to the Profession
- Study of problems within the profession
- Monitoring and influencing legislation and regulation by the government and the profession for the public’s welfare.
- Recruitment of capable students to the profession and the young CPA's to the Society.
- Self-discipline through a Code of Ethics and Standards.
- Cooperation with AICPA on common goals.
- Promoting cooperation with related businesses and professions.
3. Services to the General Public
- Collection and dissemination of information regarding the profession to the general public.
To achieve its mission the NVCPA:
- Promotes membership in the Society by all licensed CPAs in Nevada.
- Provides a forum for professional interaction to exchange ideas and experiences.
- Seeks to maintain the integrity of the CPA designation and the licensing process.
- Supports requirements for maintaining and enhancing members' professional competence.
- Provides standards of professional conduct and monitors performance to enforce the professional standards.
- Promotes the services performed by CPAs, which encompass the integrity, objectivity and competence in the profession.
- Identifies and provides selected services to fulfill the needs of the diverse membership (industry conferences, personal financial planning, insurance and other programs).
- Provides adequate and timely professional information to its members.
- Provides a variety of high quality education opportunities to assist members in continuing professional expertise.
- Represents the interests of its members to government, regulatory bodies, and other organizations for improved external relations.